The Independent National Whistleblowing Service for the NHS in Scotland launched on the 1 April 2021. The numbers below reflect the enquiries and complaints we have received in our first full year of service.
- 113 – the total number of cases received
- 107 – the total number of cases closed
- 92 were given advice and information about whistleblowing and other options
- 9 were assessed for readiness for the INWO
- 6 were given assistance to access the local process due to challenges with direct access
- 60% – the percentage of cases closed at advice and initial assessment sent to us too early in the process
- 31% - the percentage of cases signposted back to the local process because people are not aware of, or had difficulty accessing, the process
- 29% – the percentage of cases where the person was unwilling to share their identity or that of the health service about which they had concerns
- 21% - the percentage of our advice cases that related to Human Resource issues alone
More information about our service will be available in our Annual Report 2021-22.